NATO SPS Advanced Workshop "Emerging Security Risks for Energy Flows over South Caucasus and CEI Protection "
In cooperation with Jonas Zemaitis Military Academy in Lithuania and Ilia State University WEG is organizing NATO SPS Advance workshop "Emerging Security Risks for Energy Flows over South Caucasus and CEI Protection". The objectives of the workshop are to:
- Revisit the importance of energy transit function of Georgia and South Caucasus by reviewing the existing and future energy transit projects including Southern Gas Corridor, potential flows of oil and power
- Analyze the new security challenges raised by increased terrorist threat and potential military actions or induced political instability
- Discuss the recent trends in technology for damaging and protection of critical energy infrastructure.
- Discuss the systems scientific approaches to assessing the security risks and designing the prevention and mitigation measures and defense systems
- Identify the potential forms of cooperation for security, between the countries of the region and NATO at different levels to provide adequate strategic and tactical safeguards against emerging threats.
The event will gather scholars specializing in energy security, practitioners dealing with energy infrastructure, safety and critical energy projects, industry representatives, NATO and EU experts, civil society and governmental agencies