New MA program “Energy and Mineral Resources Management and Sustainable Development“
First time in Georgia Ilia State University announces new MA program “Energy and Mineral Resources Management and Sustainable Development“. The program consists of two modules and qualifies graduate students as Master in Energy Management or Master in Mining and Geology Management.
The program was developed based on the request from public, private and non-governmental organizations working in the field and Lectures are invited from these organizations. The program includes practical component and gives students internship opportunity in different organizations.
Course modules are designed to give the students technical knowledge and management skills. To be more specific, they will gain the knowledge and skills as follows:
- Consideration of resource sustainability, economic and ecological factors while making business decision.
- Introduce field-related modern tendencies and standards in Georgia. Adapt them to the local economic, legal and ecological environment.
- Ability to assess Georgia’s energy security challenges, needs for technology advancement and economic development and find solutions for problems in this direction.
Who can apply?
- Professionals from Business administration, natural sciences, engineers and economists.
Working experience in government, non-governmental and business organizations is desirable. Language of Instruction is Georgian. Student collects 90 ECTS in 3 semesters. Final, 4 semester is for Master’s thesis (24 ECTS) and internship (6 ECTS).
Program Supporting Organizations
- Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia
- Oil and Gas Corporation
- National Academy of Sciences (Natural resources protection and rational use commission)
- Think Tank “World Experience for Georgia” (WEG)
- Energy Efficiency Center Georgia
- Georgian National Energy and Water Regulatory Commission
- Company "Caucasus Mining Group" (CMG)
You can get more detailed information from Iliauni Web site. www.iliauni.edu.ge