Energy Security Workshop
On June 19, 14:00 at Information Center on NATO and EU WEG will held Energy Security Workshop.
Energy Security is an essential part of National Security national interests of Georgia and has different technical, economic, social and political aspects. Considering all the complexity of the issue, it is crucial be prepared for energy security threats and consolidate the effort of citizens against these risks. The main goal of the workshop is to contribute in strengthening Georgia’s Energy security by promoting comprehensive discussion and fact-based policy making process in this area.
The status, main challenges and potential actions for improving of Georgia’s Energy security will be discussed at the workshop together with the EU Directives regarding Energy Security (2005/89/EC and 2004/67/EC).
The following questions will be addressed:
- What ae the main risks for Georgia’s energy security and what impacts might they have on national security?
- How shall we protect our Security, what are the main challenges with this regard?
- How the work on strengthening Georgia’s energy security is organized, what are the main directions and trends?
- What are the main regional Geopolitical aspects of energy security?
- What are the main steps for strengthening Georgia’s energy security? What resources shall we rely on, and develop?
- How can representatives of different agencies and organizations cooperate for increase of security? What is the role of Civil Society?